Monday, July 30, 2012

Simple Coffee Table - With Split Lid


With Split Lid
Yes it has a split in the lid. That is what I like about it.
Once again I don't know what timber it is.

I like the simplicity of this table - there is not much to it and yet it sits squarely? on the floor. Very few things that I make are 'square', you know, with right angles that measure to 90 degrees. That is the joy of using recycled timber. I could run it all through the thicknesser and the table saw and yet it will loose that roughness that does justice to the wood. Or maybe I am a bit lazy.

The table has had a light belt sand on the lid and in a few 'furry' places. The screws are stainless steel - just in case you were interested - and they were surplus from a kitchen installation many years ago - you know... reuse and recycle and all that!

And believe it or not it is quite stable and strong... the test being; can I put my feet up on it? Yes you can.




No comments:

Post a Comment