Sunday, July 29, 2012

3 legged stool

I found the log at Blacks Beach, Mahia Peninsula, Hawkes Bay. Carried it for what felt like ages back to my truck. It is a heavy piece of timber.

The legs came from a second hand store in Gisborne.

I love the crazy look that it has. The combination of nature and retro, and the three legs. Three legs are so much easier than 4 in this instance because the stool will always balance - if you know what I mean.

It is a stool if you have long legs or it is a small table - as shown here.

The log sat in my garage for 4 months until it dried out and because it is drift wood, it was already soft and well worn - the beauty of drift wood.

I slathered it with boiled linseed oil to protect it and also to give it a warm honey glow.

Not too shabby!


No comments:

Post a Comment