Thursday, January 12, 2017

Three Pillars - and the stool

The project began as an epiphany during a coaching session (that's right... I was the one recieving the coaching - the last of three sessions. Thanks to Julia Kurusheva at Transformations.net.nz).

It appeared that although I had the three pillars required to run a successful business, namely; Entrepreneur, Manager and Technician, (Re: E-Myth by Michael Gerber) what I was lacking when it came to achieving the outcomes I wanted was the essential 'connecting' piece.

Much like a three legged stool without a seat I had what I needed in essence to stand up but nothing to connect the legs. And so was born - a little corny I know - the three legged stool. My three legged stool.

This stool, which continues to symbolise so much for me, is a combination of Oregon and Rimu. The Seat is Oregon saved from a demolished warehouse in Christchurch and the legs are Rimu up-cycled from an old 70's coffee table.

I love the shape and the different textures/grain of the timber.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment